header
About Us

Kenneth "Smokey" Colboch was born to ride motorcycles. Just before he turned 16 years old, Smokey had already owned three Whizzer motorbikes, one Dyna Cycle, one Indian Chief and three Harley-Davidsons. He was a natural mechanic and rebuilt, repaired and modified his own bikes. In 1955, Smokey and his long time riding buddy, Jimmy Rines, along with Rines' cousin Ernest, attended the Daytona Bike Week event. Inspired by the event, the cousins Jimmy and Ernest, decided that they would open a Harley-Davidson dealership in their hometown, Morristown, TN. Rines Harley-Davidson was established in 1955 and even though Smokey was not officially employed he helped out the cousins and their new business.

A little time had passed and Jimmy sold his half of the business to Ernest. In 1959, the dealership's existence and Smokey's future became intertwined. Morristown residents were going through financial troubles and Ernest contemplated selling the dealership. Smokey made a deal to incur all debts to creditors and the Harley-Davidson Motor Company and pay Ernest the amount he had invested with interest. If Smokey could not live up to the bargain then everything would be turned back to Ernest.

Smokey ran the dealership by himself---he was the salesman, service technician and manager. After working off the debts, paying Ernest with interest all while turning profits and hiring part-time help. the dealership officially became Colboch Harley-Davidson in 1964.

Smokey likes to say his REAL anniversary is in 1959, but that's how they get to party twice.

The dealership has moved to three different locations, but will never leave Morristown, TN. This is the community that made Smokey's dreams as a dealership owner possible. He worked hard against all odds to grow this business in a town he adores.

  • 1966-1991

    South Cumberland

    • Twice the size of the Rine's previous dealership location
  • 1991-2012

    North Davy Crockett Parkway

    • Opened for business in January 2, 1991
    • Moved to expand and build twice the size of South Cumberland location
  • Today

    North Davy Crockett Parkway

    • Opened for business in July 13, 14, and 15, 2012
    • Designed by the same architect who designed the second location
    • Broke ground on August 14, 2010
    • The building expanded from 18,000 Square ft. to 50,000 square ft.
    • NEVER closed doors during expansion
    • Three day Grand Opening

Colboch Harley-Davidson
1830 N. Davy Crockett parkway Morristown TN 37814
Phone: 423-586-5343 Fax: 423-581-5628

Homepage Sign Up for Our Newsletter Testimonials Facebook Youtube Google +